Summary:Escalator supplier introduces escalators three major classification strategies :
Classified by armrest decoration1) F...
Escalator supplier introduces escalators three major classification strategies :
- Classified by armrest decoration
1) Fully transparent type: Refers to the escalator made of transparent glass for the handrail guard wall. According to the shape of the glass guard wall, it can be further divided into curved glass type and flat glass type.
2) Opaque: Refers to the escalator made of opaque metal or other materials for the handrail guard. Because the handrail bracket is fixed on the upper part of the wall guard, and the handrail moves cyclically on the rail of the handrail bracket, the stability of the opaque type is better than that of the fully transparent type. Mainly used for escalators with large heights where people flow such as subways, stations, and docks.
3) Semi-transparent type: refers to the armrest guard siding being translucent, such as the handrail guard siding made of translucent glass.
As far as handrail decoration is concerned, the fully transparent glass wall panel has a certain strength, and its thickness should not be less than 6mm. In addition, the fully transparent glass wall panel has a better decorative effect, so the wall panel is made of automatic flat transparent glass. Escalators account for the vast majority.
- Classified by the step drive mode
1) Chain type: Refers to the escalator whose components driving the steps are chains.
2) Rack-and-pinion type: refers to the escalator whose step component is a rack.
Because the chain-driven structure is simple and the manufacturing cost is low, most escalators adopt the chain-driven structure.
- Classified by lifting height
1) Small lifting height escalator: lifting height 3～10m;
2) Escalators with medium lifting height: lifting height 10～45m;
3) Escalator with a large lifting height: the lifting height is 45～65m.